“And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.” – (Genesis 6:7)
READ: Matthew 25:1-12 (KJV)
- Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.
- And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.
- They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them;
- But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.
- While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.
- And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.
- Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.
- And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.
- But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you; but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.
- And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage; and the door was shut.
- Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.
- But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.
As Christians, we have a great inheritance. God told Abraham that in blessing, He would bless him and since we are children of Abraham, his blessings are ours. However, the Almighty God who deploys these blessings is holy and very hardworking. Hebrews 11:6 says it is the diligent that God will reward. Thus, if you want to enjoy any reward from God, you must say goodbye to laziness, and indolent people. In Proverbs 13:20, the Bible says:
“He that walketh with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed.”
Stop being slothful; drop your lazy friends. Spend every minute productively. Stop spending countless hours on social media, just lazing around. The extent to which you will fulfil destiny depends on the quantum of effort you are willing to put in. The brightness of any fire is determined by the fuel applied. (1 Corinthians 15:41) tells us:
“There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory.”
You cannot just keep singing Abrahams blessings are mine; you must be ready to put in the work. Jesus, during His earthly ministry worked so hard that, one day, in the middle of a storm, He fell asleep. The testimony about His work ethic is thus:
“But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work.” – John 5:17
Even though God had said, many years before I joined, that the RCCG is a covenant church that would have parishes all over the world, I as the General Overseer still work very hard for this prophecy to be fulfilled. Whatever God is involved in involves hard work because He cannot work with lazy people (Amos 3:3).
God’s plan for you can only be fulfilled with your cooperation.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
HYMN 19 – MY HOPE IS BUILT ON NOTHING LESS
- My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus’ blood and righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jesus name.
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand,
All other ground is sinking sand.
- When darkness seems to veil His face,
I rest on His unchanging grace;
In every high and stormy gale,
My anchor holds within the veil.
- His oath, His covenant, and blood,
Support me in the whelming flood;
When all around my soul gives way,
He then is all my hope and stay.
- When He shall come with trumpet sound,
Oh, may I then in Him be found;
Dressed in His righteousness alone,
Faultless to stand before the throne.