“Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.” – (Revelation 1:7)
READ: Acts 1:9-11 (KJV)
- And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.
- And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;
- Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.
The second coming of Jesus Christ has become a controversial issue in recent times. While some people argue that Jesus Christ will not come again, others say He has come secretly and has taken His position in the Church. Nothing could be further from the truth!
Jesus Christ will come again and when He does, all eyes shall see Him. Many verses of Scripture support the certainty of His second coming a classic example being todays Bible reading. It confirms many truths about today’s discussion.
- Jesus went into heaven publicly in full view of His disciples and there were angels who assured them He would return in like manner. It is therefore unwise to accept the teaching that Christ will not come again or that He has come secretly.
- He will return with clouds and every eye, including those of the people who crucified Him, shall see. Their shame shall be unimaginable. Revelation 1:7 says the kindred of the earth shall wail. Why? It is because they refused to repent of their sins and Jesus shall come to judge them according to their works (Revelation 6:1,15).
“For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?” – Revelation 6:17
Who shall be able to stand? Only those who have accepted the Lamb – who would be the Judge, as their personal Lord and Saviour shall be able to stand. Only those who have confessed their sins, accepted the love of God as demonstrated in the gift of His only begotten Son shall be able to stand (John 3:16-18).
Beloved, Jesus is coming sooner than we may expect. Are you prepared for Him? Remember, He is not coming as a Lamb again but as the Righteous Judge. Repent and be transformed into His righteousness if you are yet to do so. If you have already accepted Him as your Lord and Saviour, ask for the grace to hold on faithfully to the end.
Father, please prepare me for the second coming of Your Son my Saviour, through the Holy Spirit. Amen
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Chronicles 32-33
HYMN 7 – GREAT IS THY FAITHFULNESS
- “Great is Thy faithfulness,”
O God my Father!
There is no shadow of turning with Thee:
Thou changest not, Thy compassion, they fail not,
As Thou has been Thou forever wilt be.
“Great is Thy faithfulness!”
Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see.
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided
‘Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord unto me!
- Summer and winter, and spring time and harvest
Sun, moon and stars in their courses above,
Join with all nature in manifold witness
To Thy great faithfulness, mercy and love.
- Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth
Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide!
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow.
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside!