Open Heavens Devotional 2021
DATE: Thu, Jun 03, 2021
TOPIC: HOLINESS: HEAVEN’S PASSPORT
“Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.” – (2 Corinthians 6:17)
READ: Revelation 22:10-15 (KJV)
10. And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book; for the time is at hand.
11. He that is unjust, let him be unjust still; and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still; and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still; and he that is holy, let him be holy still.
12. And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
13. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
14. Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
15. For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.
There is a need to make certain sacrifices if you would claim any rewards. The same rule applies to holiness. God has sure reward for everyone who is living holy. For example, if you live holy, you would live long (Proverbs 11:19). Sin leads to death and holiness leads to life eternal. You will die young if you are indulging in sin. However, if you are living holy, Satan will not be able to get you into his death snare. Hosea 10:12 says:
Sow to yourselves in righteousness, reap in mercy; break up your fallow ground: for it is time to seek the Lord, till he come and rain righteousness upon you.
The Scripture above is saying that if you plant holiness, you will harvest the mercy of God. What do we know about God’s mercy? Lamentations 3:22 says “It is of the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed…” He will keep on showing us more mercy if we keep living holy. Peace is another reward of holy living. Philippians 4:4-9 gives a catalogue of what holiness entails, and it results in perfect peace. Holiness includes rejoicing in the Lord rather than grumbling, living a life of modesty, avoiding worry and covetousness, being truthful, honest, pure, loving and virtuous. The question is not what peace is but who Peace is. Jesus is the Prince of Peace.
The first step to holiness is giving your life to Christ. God calls us to holiness and requires that we live a holy life through the help of His Son and the Holy Spirit. The call to holiness is actually the call to peace. When God calls you to live a holy life, He is actually calling you into peace. Why has God called us into peace? The answer is in (1 Corinthians 14:33). Our God is a God of peace. Just like a father would give to his child whatever he has, God is ready to give us peace. The devil on the other hand can only give sickness, sorrow and confusion. God is the King of kings and His Kingdom is everlasting. For you to enjoy His rewards however, you must enter into His Kingdom. To enter, you must be holy as He is. Those who live holy on earth will live with God, in Heaven forever.
I encourage you to begin to live holy from now and the Almighty God Himself will perfect His holiness in your life today, in the mighty name of Jesus.
Search yourself. Do away with habits that are the direct opposite of holiness in your life.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
HYMN 9 – HOLY! HOLY! HOLY! LORD GOD ALMIGHTY
1. Holy, holy, holy! Lord God Almighty!
Early in the morning our song shall rise to Thee.
Holy, holy, holy! Merciful and mighty!
God in Three Persons, blessed, Trinity!
2. Holy, holy, holy! All the saints adore Thee,
Casting down their golden crowns around the glassy sea;
Cherubim and Seraphim falling down before Thee,
Who wert and art, and evermore shalt be.
3. Holy, holy, holy! Though the darkness hide Thee,
Though the eye of sinful man thy glory may not see,
Only Thou art holy; there is none beside Thee,
Perfect in power, in love, and purity.
4. Holy, holy, holy! Lord God Almighty!
All Thy works shal